Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Travels-Weekend in Minneapolis

As my hubby and I approach our 5th anniversary this Friday, we were looking for a way to celebrate and get away for a bit as we weren't able to coordinate our vacation until October. We decided to go to Minneapolis for the weekend for shopping (both the window and, more expensive, real type) and some relaxation.

We went to a few places we hadn't been before. My hubby has been dreaming of purchasing a Gold Top Les Paul for some time, so we frequented a few guitar shops and Best Buy. Apparently Best Buy sells Gibson guitars (among others) but sadly doesn't carry a gold top Les Paul. One items that we did pick up was a Demetri Martin DVD and CD. If you haven't checked out his comedy, you really should. There were many points on the drive home at which I nearly spit out my Starbucks while laughing.


Crafty Planet was one of my requests for this trip. Located in Minneapolis, it is the closest thing to fabric heaven I have encountered. From every Amy Butler fabric imaginable, to a huge selection of designer quilting patterns, to japanese cotton-linen imports, and the cutest (and well-priced trims), this place is definitely worth the time to stop by. I picked up the new digital pattern collection from Amy Butler, a Favorite pattern for easy skirts, pink rick rack and some Anna Maria Horner fabric for a skirt. For those of use who aren't within regular visiting distance, they also have an online store which has a great selection with the same prices as the store and very reasonable shipping rates, even to Canada.


After stopping by a Best Buy on our way to California Pizza Kitchen for lunch (a new and very enjoyable experience for us), we had the discovery of the trip. As we turned the corner, I saw the window displays and the sign revealed...Anthropologie (was that too dramatic of a reveal??) The had a huge clothing sale, where I picked up a cute long t-shirt with pockets (I have a thing for skirts, dresses, shirts etc with pockets). I also selected some of their latte bowls, of which I have read so much. I selected 2 each of light blue, dark blue, white, and purple. Their displays were gorgeous, as usual and unfortunately I left the CF card out of my camera when I went in to shop.



Next time, I would like to make it to other shops not available around here like Whole Foods, and The Container Store. In which stores could you spend hours browsing?

No comments:

Post a Comment