Friday, August 7, 2009

Five Years!



I've been married to my wonderful husband for 5 years today! It's strange to think that it has been 5 years since our wedding, it seems both shorter and longer at the same time. I asked my husband if it seemed longer, her said, "No", I asked him if it seemed shorter and he said, "No". Over a yummy Italian dinner tonight, my hubby mentioned that he ran into a friend of his who is getting married in a month and the guy asked my hubby how marriage is, to which he replied, "Good" (a usual response for him). However, when asked if he had any marriage advice my husband gave him 3 pieces of advice that I was both impressed by, and agreed with.
1) Don't fight over little things or you'll fight all the time
2) Although it's a cliche, try your best not to go to bed angry (if the fight starts at 2 am, it might be hard)
3) Men are always told to get used to and to practice saying "I'm sorry", but don't be afraid to hold your wife accountable when she is wrong.
Awesome advice, Hon. Love you, Happy 5th Anniversary.

No comments:

Post a Comment