Monday, August 17, 2009

Kudos to... New Column

For you fellow bloggers out there in blogger world, do you ever find that you are wanting to post, are loving the content on your favorite blogs, but are a little dry when it comes to ideas for your own blog? I feel that way frequently. So, in order to combat the bloggers-block, I thought I'd try coming up with a "column". This is not meant to be fancy, just a starting point for myself to blog. The first one I'd like to start is for Monday mornings (I'll do my best), titled "Kudos to...". It will focus on new, creative or interesting ideas or twists that I think are neat, which you might find interesting. I hope you enjoy.

The first well played goes to Design*Sponge. In honour of her 5th year of blogging, Grace Bonney introduced 5 new columns, my favorite of which is "Living In" by Amy Merrick of An Apple a Day. This takes a movie and dissects the overall style, including sources for items which fit the style. The first week focussed on Out of Africa, and featured a Safari-inspired theme. If you are someone who tends to notice the decor while watching a movie, or even if you're not, I highly recommend you check it out.

So, kudos to you, Design*Sponge, on your new columns and 5 years of blogging.

No comments:

Post a Comment