Friday, May 29, 2009

Herb Plant Markers






Doesn't everyone dream of their own herb garden and the impact it will have on their cooking? I planted just a few herbs that I know I will use in pots that I will put on the deck outside the kitchen door. Before I forget what I planted and where, I wanted to label them. I'm not a big fan of the plastic markers you get at garden centres so I thought I'd make my own. Using the paper candy labels I had left over from the shower I threw for my cousin earlier this month, I wrote in the name of each herb. To protect them from the elements, I put each label inside small ziploc bags. The stakes are flat BBQ skewers which I hot glued to the back of each bag. I think they're practical and cute, the best type of combination.

1 comment:

  1. A good post.I found this website useful for Herb Gardening tips http://www.herbgardeningtoday.com. I think you guys will find it interesting too.

    Thanks,
    Leo - Herb garden plants

    ReplyDelete