Tuesday, May 12, 2009

'What Not to Wear' Bridal Shower





My cousin L is getting married in about 5 weeks and we wanted to have a family shower for her.  Being that it was a family shower, we had an age range of 18 to 81, literally.  The theme was "What Not to Wear to L's Wedding".  I have to say I was impressed by the creativity of the outfits.  It ranged from a bridal gown (huge faux-pas) to painting clothes, underwear worn on the outside, crazy vintage apparel to pj's, beachwear, and homemade matching outfits.  
Everyone participated and seemed to have a great time.  Since L's wedding is going to be blue with orange accents, I used this as inspiration for the candy bar.  She is a huge fan of sugary snacks, so I tracked down a variety in her chosen colors and put them in vases to serve as a cute centerpiece and a favor as everyone got to take some home.  My wonderful hubby even helped me make cute labels to identify the candy.  We had some of her favorite foods and 2 types of yummy cupcakes, almond and key lime. Can I just say that the almond cupcakes are my new favorite.  They are incredibly moist and such a grown-up flavor. Congrats to L & C and all the best for your big day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment