Saturday, May 23, 2009

April (and May) Showers bring June Flowers?



I'm not sure what the weather has been like where you live, but I'm beginning to feel like spring needs to hurry up and arrive. I have plans (landscaping, gardening, bonfires, outdoor painting projects, water sports) and the need for warm weather considering that we only have until the end of September (at the maximum) until Fall arrives. I needed a pick-me-up so I stopped by the grocery store after work for some flowers. To my delight, there were tubs of discounted flowers (who doesn't love a good deal?) so I picked out 3 bunches of yellow flowers. Yes, they are the lowly carnation, but I was inspired by flower arrangements on www.absolutelybeautifulthings.blogspot.com using carnations. I found a tin can that was left over from a previous craft project, cut the flowers down, and placed them on my bedside table. It makes me so happy as I sit down to type this and share it with you.

I'm curious, what are your spring/summer plans and projects for this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment