Friday, June 5, 2009

Mirror, Mirror on the Wall

Has it really been a week since I posted? (blush) I have a few projects that have taken up my time but here's a fun one.



I found this mirror at a local thrift shop for less than $10. I love the types of conversations that result in a thrift store shop. There are usually interesting and creative characters out shopping through others peoples cast offs. One lady saw the mirror and told me how I could fix it up. The gentleman at the till helped me pick a color and figure out that I could actually remove the mirror before painting the frame. We also laughed at the warning on the back of the mirror. Ironic, since it came with the wire already attached.




I simply removed the mirror from its frame, cleaned it, gave it a few coats of paint, and hung it back up. Actually, the cleaning was not so simple. It took an old toothbrush, sunlight soap, 1 hour of soaking in the bathtub and 4 rounds of scrubbing before it came clean...it was worth it though. Now it has found a new life and a new home in our back entrance.

No comments:

Post a Comment