Friday, May 29, 2009

Underachieving, and loving it




I love gardening but I have to admit that sometimes I put pressure on myself to outdo the previous years' flowers. As I mentioned in a previous post, we are painting our house this summer so I figured why plant flowers that will just be trampled when the house gets painted? So I kept it simple and just planted the 2 large planters on either side of the front door and my 3 hanging baskets. It was freeing to just go and pick a few flowers without feeling the need to pick something better than last year. I went to a very small nursery and got all the flowers I wanted for a mere $20.00!!!

The amount that I got would easily have been double at another nursery. Later that evening I planted the pots and do you know what? I like my pots better than the ones I did last year! Here's to underachieving and succeeding!

No comments:

Post a Comment