Friday, October 2, 2009

The Absent Blogger

This blog post gets it's title for 2 reasons. One, I have been very absent lately on posting, for which I apologize. Inventory and being short staffed at work have lead to less time at home (and more sleeping when I am at home).

The second reason for the title is that I will be absent for two weeks...from the country. That's right! Derek and I are taking off for a much anticipated vacation. We leave tomorrow morning, drive to minneapolis and fly to LA tomorrow night. We spend Sunday and Monday in Los Angeles taking in the fabulousness that is LA and then fly to Auckland, New Zealand and finally to our destination...Sydney, Australia. We will spend 7 days in Cairns, taking in the beach, Great Barrier Reef (we're hoping to do some surfing and scuba diving) and then 4 days in Sydney, enjoying the sights. I'm hoping to post along the way as I am taking my trusty camera and Derek's laptop, so I can show you what we're up to!

I'm just finishing off some last minute packing right now. How do you pack for 8 flights, 4 countries and 16 days away from home?!? I've come to the conclusion that as long as we make it away with our flight information, passports, glasses and contacts, and my camera, we can beg, borrow, buy or steal anything else we may need along with way. Cross your fingers for no lost luggage (and no business issues while we're gone) and I hope to update you in a few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment