Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Baby Quilt


This is my first completely finished quilt (that is, I have 2 others that I have started but not finished yet). This one is 100%, don't-have-to-do-another-thing-to-it-finished. I started it last Wednesday and was absolutely determined to have it done by the end of the weekend. This was my first experience with mitered corners, machine quilting, and binding a quilt. With all of my friends that are having babies, I thought baby quilts are nice, manageable projects that give me an outlet for my huge fabric obsession. This one is 39X39 inches finished size, which could work as a play quilt or in a crib. I backed it with fleece, which I think is nice for a baby.

Seriously, I'm shocked at myself for finishing it, as those of you who know may know that I am good at starting projects, and not so good at the finishing part. This weekend was good for finishing projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment