Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Recovering my Stools

I bought these black and white stools at HomeSense a few months ago. I liked them, but mainly bought them because I needed more seating in my living room and they were less expensive than the materials I would need to make them myself. I also purchased some fabric (it's the blue version of the brown fabric I used on my chair) a few months ago. I made slipcovers this past weekend for them, as it was about time to finish this project. They can be removed and cleaned, or changed for different seasons. I really like the way they look and they were easier to make than I had expected. I cut the fabric to the total width and height plus a few extra inches. I centered the fabric on each stool and pinned each corner to fit. I then added a bit of room so that it would fit over the top of the legs as well. I sewed and trimmed each corner. After they were sewn, I put them back on the stools and pinned them, like hemming a dress. I then pressed them. My mom has always told me that in sewing, the difference between handmade and homemade is pressing. I like the way they turned out. Stay tuned for the pillow cases I'm working on finishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment