Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Photography

For my graduation 2 years ago my wonderful hubby bought me a digital SLR (DSLR) camera for my graduation gift. I played around with it and took some photos, enrolled in a photography course which was excellent, and have continued to dabble in photography. I am really feeling that I need to step up my skills and take better pictures. I have seen checking out various websites and blogs for inspiration.

My hubby and I are good friends with Melanie Driedger and her husband, Justin. We got married 2 weeks apart 5 years ago. the boys were in each others wedding parties and Melanie took pictures as a behind-the-scenes photographer as a gift to us. Five years later, she has developed her skills and is a wonderful photographer with her own business, Melanie Driedger Photography, based out of Guelph, Ontario. Melanie and Justin were out in Manitoba last week and talking to them, you could see how excited they were about what they are doing and how focussed on "the experience" they give each of their clients. She does weddings, including destination ones (yay!) and other portraits. They are also starting with mini lifestyle videos, capturing the photo shoot and the dynamics of families and/or couples. Check out her website where she has beautiful pictures from her trip to Africa that are for sale (ALL the profit goes to the building project on their upcoming trip to Zambia). I'm currently wanting this one and this one too (oh and this one too). You can also check out her blog for her latest shoots. I guarantee you'll love her photos too.

No comments:

Post a Comment